1. Quiltmaker magazine ("Sponsor") is offering the "Treasure Hunt Contest" ("Contest"). Enter the Treasure Hunt sweepstakes for a chance to win one Pfaff® quilt expression™ 4.0 provided by Pfaff or one of 25 prize packages provided by these sponsors: Blank Quilting, C & T Publishing, Fat Quarter Shop, Handi Quilter, Northcott, P & B Textiles, Presencia, Quilting By The Bay, Red Rooster Fabrics, Stitchin' Heaven, Sulky of America, Westminster Fibers and Quiltmaker. Limit (1) one entry per person with each Sponsor's entry form, total of (14) fourteen possible entries per person. No purchase necessary. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
2. Contest is open to all who are legal residents of the United States and Canada, except Quebec. Employees of Sponsors, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as well as contributors to Quiltmaker's Nov/Dec '10 issue (#136) are not eligible to enter.
3. Entries will be accepted starting at 10:00:00 AM Mountain Standard Time on September 28, 2010 and must be received by 11:59:59 P.M., MST on December 6, 2010.
4. To enter, visit each sponsor's website, look for the Quiltmaker's Treasure Hunt graphic button, click on the button and fill out the online entry form. One additional online entry form can be found at quiltmaker.com, click on "Contests" to find "Treasure Contest." The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that they believe doesn't comply with these official rules or that's not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest. The decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the contest. Incomplete entries are not eligible. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, which are final.
5. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Entrants are eligible to win only one (1) prize. Twenty-six (26) winners will be selected. The winners will be notified by phone or email on or about December 13, 2010. The list of winners will be published in the March/April '11 issue of Quiltmaker and online at quiltmaker.com. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If the Sponsor cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a Pfaff® quilt expression™ 4.0 (value $2599). Twenty-five (25) Second Prize winners will each receive Blank's Fabrications (bundle of 40 strips at 2.5") from Blank Quilting; Lesley Riley's TAP™ Transfer Artist Paper 5-Sheet Pac from C&T Publishing; $30 gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop; batting scissors from Handi Quilter; 25 fat quarters from Northcott; 5-piece fat quarter set from an upcoming P&B Textiles collection; thread sampler packs from Presencia; Quilting by the Bay goodie bag that includes a $10 gift certificate; set of 4 fat quarters from a current Red Rooster Fabrics line; $25 gift certificate from Stitchin' Heaven; 6-pack box of PolyLite thread from Sulky of America; Style Stitches by Amy Butler and 6 fabrics at 2 yards each from an Amy Butler collection provided by Westminster Fibers; $25 gift certificate from Quiltmaker for use at QuiltandSewShop.com (total value of each prize package is $461). The Sponsors make no warranties with regard to the prizes. The Sponsors are not responsible for lost or mutilated items and none will be replaced. The prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsors in the event a prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case the Sponsors will award a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected at random from entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person from the entries received.
Entry constitutes permission to use the winner's name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without further consideration and for no additional compensation. The winners (or the parent/guardian if winner is a minor) will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Compliance with Sweepstakes Rules and Release of Liability. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners. All entrants release Sponsors, their affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this sweepstakes, from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
8. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
A complete list of prizewinners will be available at quiltmaker.com after all winners have been verified.
The Sponsor of this contest is Quiltmaker, whose address is 741 Corporate Circle, Suite A, Golden, CO 80401.